Mountain & Sea Guides - Terms & Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to all activities undertaken by participants on our trips
- Participants on the course are covered by our professional liability insurance against personal injury and damages arising out of incidents where responsibility is attributed to our company.
- We are not responsible for curtailment, loss or injury, arising due to circumstances outwith our control. You should arrange a separate personal holiday/trip insurance policy - this also applies to anyone travelling to us within the UK.
- The information, supplied by you, medical disclaimer on this form absolves us of responsibility for any situation arising from medical inability to take part due to problems with a medical history, or developing problems which have not previously been disclosed on this form.
- M&S Guides reserve the right to cancel or defer any holiday/course due to circumstances out with our control and will inform clients of potential cancellations, and attempt to find suitable alternatives at least two weeks before scheduled commencement date. In the event of force majeure, we will not refund your trip fee in full but offer a deferment to be taken up in the following 24 months.
- Once a trip place has been booked cancellation on your part will incur the following losses:
- ON MULTI-DAY BOOKED COURSES : Within 60 days prior to trip start date - 100% loss of full payment
Within 80-61 days prior to trip start date - 70% loss of full payment
Within 100-79 days prior to trip start date - 50% loss of full payment
Cancel before the above periods and you will receive a full refund of all fees paid.
Where a group booking has been made under one name, individual or organisation, the whole group fee will be subject to the above cancellations terms.
- On 2 hour, Half Day or Full day bookings if you cancel within 30 days of a booked date you will not be refunded - your will need to claim losses on your travel insurance.
- If you are unable to carry on during a trip & cancel/leave, for reasons of fitness, minor injury or any other personal choice where we are not responsible, you will not receive a refund as a trip place has been taken & falls under our cancellation policy. You can make claims for losses providing you have your own travel insurance - strongly advised.
- Participants must accept that within the outdoor environment there are inherent risks present which we are unable to control. By taking part in any outdoor activity you must accept a certain level of personal responsibility for your actions, and awareness of the environment & others around you.
- WEATHER & SNOW CONDITIONS : Kayaking/mountain locations can be affected by adverse weather and M&SG can not guarantee to paddle/walk/climb during periods of weather that is deemed unsafe to achieve the activity. When booking a trip you must accept that no activity takes up 100% of any day - some days are long and full in good weather and other days will be shorter and appropriate in bad weather. In winter snow conditions in the Scottish mountains vary enormously. As such we will run a programme appropriate to the conditions at the time - there is always seasonal snow in high, cold aspects of the mountain and we know where it is! Courses/events will run regardless of the prevailing conditions. You are booking time with a guide and not the weather.
Overseas Trips - Conditions of Booking
- Mountain & Sea Guides will not be responsible for any travel or transfer problems involving delays or cancellations by air/rail/bus carriers as we are not a package operator - you must have personal travel insurance covering you for these events.
- Canada trips only: All precautions will be taken to avoid potential risk with bears ,and other wild animals, but participants must accept that this is part of the wild element of the trip. As such everyone enters into the wild environment accepting the inherent risks that exist. You will be fully instructed on correct behaviour so as to avoid conflicting problems with wildlife.
- In emphasis of previous items above - You must ensure that your insurance covers you for all aspects of any trip in the UK or overseas including all losses should flight/travel/health/fitness cancellations cause you to miss any elements of trips. You will lose all fees if you do not attend a trip or leave during a trip where the cause is not attributed to Mountain & Sea Guides due to circumstances that we are not responsible for.