Welcome to Applecross Campsite
Applecross Campsite, by Strathcarron, Ross-Shire, IV54 8ND
The Campsite is now closed for 2018. Our new web site and booking system is at visitapplecross.com
If you would like to make a booking for 2019 you are very welcome, also if you would like to give any feedback whilst we get everything finalised that would be very helpful.
Welcome to Applecross Campsite, We are a small family run campsite on the North West coast of Scotland.
The Campsite is located in the mains of Applecross, above Shore Street, and is a ten minute walk from the award winning Applecross Inn, the newly opened Junction Bistro for breakfast, and twenty minutes from The (also award winning) Applecross Walled Garden.
We are currently preparing plans to upgrade our on site facilities.
The Campsite is rented from the Applecross Estate Trust. Under the terms of our new lease agreement, the building housing our current toilets, showers and laundry, will revert back to the estate in 2019. Therefore, it was not viable for us to carry out our plans to refurbish this building.
We intend to build two new, all ability access, toilet and shower blocks, with drying room facilities and a laundry.
More hard standing areas will be created, along with better roads, paths with point to point lighting, and new bin pits. A vehicle maintenance area is also planned, including a car wash.
Our original Flower Tunnel cafe and Restaurant is no longer in operation, as we have opened a new premises this year, The Junction, at the foot of the Bealach na Ba, and all food and drinks will now be served there.
The intention is to upgrade all of our facilities to the standard of the Junction. The campsite operates within a short, weather dependant season, and these improvements will be made, as time and finances allow.
Thank you for your patience prior to, and during the improvements phase.
- We currently do not have facilities for all ability visitors. We are building a new toilet block in 2018 which will have all ability access.
- 10 serviced Hard Standing pitches for Motor Homes and caravans
- 9 Electric grass pitches
- Large tent areas where campers can choose their own spot to pitch their tent
- Facilities for caravan and motor home waste disposal
- Free hot showers and toilet facilities
- Shaver points, Free hairdryer in both male and female toilets
- Washing machine and dryer (coin operated WM 2 x £1 coins and 50p - Dryer 2 x £1 coins)
- Dish washing facilities
- Public telephone
- Free internet in and around the Reception building, always on - Network = Visit Applecross - Password = campsite
- Reception is open daily 09:00 am to 13:00 pm and 15:00 pm to 17:00 pm
- Sockets are available in reception for charging device batteries.
- The NC 500 is proving to be extremely popular, although this is fantastic, we are having a problem keeping up with the increased phone traffic. Our on line booking system is simple and we would greatly appreciate the effort of visitors if they could use this facility
- Checking in time is 3:00 pm till 6:00 pm
- Departure time is 11:00 am
- There is a strict 10 mph speed limit on the campsite
- Drink driving is NOT tolerated on the campsite
- Well behaved dogs are welcome on the site, but must be kept on a lead at all times and cleaned up after. We do not have a dog walking area on the site and the majority of the surrounding countryside is grazed by sheep and red deer
- Barbecues must be off the ground to not burn the grass. Tray barbecues and charcoal must never be thrown in the dustbins, no matter how long the fire has been out for, a bin is provided.
- Camp fires are not permitted
- This is a family campsite and after 10:00 pm we expect quiet
- The gate to the site is closed at 10:00 pm. At this point there is no vehicle access
- On the Weekend of the 28th of July 2018 the Applecross Games is held on the Campsite, for this weekend, ONLY BOOKINGS are allowed on the site, as the Games takes 1/4 of the campsites tent pitching area. Everyone is welcome but must bare in mind when booking, this is a fun, busy and very noisy weekend. If you have come for peace and tranquillity this is not your time and refunds will not be given.
We hope that you enjoy your stay with us,
The Visit Applecross team
For detailed information on all there is to know please click here.